Tuesday 9 December 2008

Jumping!






I managed to ride Santana on Friday, Sunday and Monday this week, woohoo! On Friday, I was on my own so I went to do some trotting around the circle just to warm up a bit as it was truly freezing. It was very very muddy and nasty so we splashed about all the way round the circle. Then we trotted over the log jump and one of the small xc jumps which Santana wasn't very interested in. In fact he was so unimpressed that he broke it with his back feet :o Oops!






So, I thought, 'you'd like something a little bigger would you?' We headed for the slightly bigger jumps (only about 18" - 2'). I pointed him towards the jump and pushed him into canter and over he popped! Next one, he cantered as soon as we headed towards it and over he went again. By jove, I think he's got it! With this new found skill we went off towards the ditch jump, slid down the muddy bank, over the brush at the bottom and on towards the wooden wall. Brilliant! What a star. They're not big jumps mind, still only 18inches - 2ft, but he's jumping them properly - none of that paddling with the front legs.






On Sunday I rode with Jasmine and Catrin (Catrin being a jumping star) we went off to have another go, but following this time. Oh yes, now he's really starting to enjoy himself! After that we went for a canter in the front fields and then walked around the block to cool off.






On Monday I was on my own again so I just pottered about a bit round the front fields, we went trotting through some nice deep puddles which he didn't mind a bit. That'll be a nice change - a horse that doesn't mind puddles!






No comments:

Post a Comment