Monday 30 May 2011

Rain!

Rain interspersed with periods of steady drizzle today. April showers at the end of May. The grazing fields need it, but I wonder if its too late to help the hay crop.

Still, we managed to have a hack around the farm today, just three of us. It was really nice, despite the wet. Santana is so much more relaxed, as I am too. We've hacked out such a lot over the last few weeks and I think its really helping.

There's a big day coming up for me - next Monday I'm having a saddle fitter out to bring me a new saddle! Well, when I say 'new' I mean new to me. My funds won't extend to a brand new saddle, but I'll be just as happy with a secondhand one fitted properly by someone who knows what they're doing. How exciting ! After that I've promised myself I'll start having some lessons because last time I had a lesson I was on a high for days afterwards.

Jas had a lesson on Sonny on Saturday which went really well. We've definitely done the right thing by getting Sonny. What a relief. We paid a visit to our old farm this morning and while we were there we went and had a look at Sonny's daughter, now 2 years old. Jas is plotting to go over next year, break her in and buy her so she can have both. Dream on Jas!

Sonny

Sonny's daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment