Wednesday 1 October 2008

So, now we are not on a lead and are going it alone. I am still getting on by having a leg up and someone covering his eye, although he is very accepting of everything and I'm sure when I mount using the stirrup he will be fine.

This week I had my first canter on him. He wasn't sure what to do at first and just trotted very fast for half a circuit before breaking into canter. Boy, he has such a long stride! I can see his front legs thrown out in front of him with each stride. He really covers the ground.

I took him round the circle completely on his own while my daughter took her pony over some jumps. He was quite wary and looking at everything around him but still listened to my voice and continued moving forward. Even when my daughter's pony cantered past he just sidestepped and carried on as before. What a good boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment